Chad wrote:

>Google has, from the beginning, stated their goal is to "Don't be
evil." And to this point, they aren't.

When you have a chance, start apply Forensic Lingusitic Analysis to
Google's statements.
Doing so will make it patently obvious that they re doing some
nefarious things.

>Providing links into Thunderbird would be different than, say,
providing links into AOL's email.

You are right here.

> [I'm not sure that's a real place, but you get my point.]

It used to be.

> The "It takes away choice" argument is pretty old with me.

Depending upon how an email is incorproted into OOo, it may, or may
not limit choice.
With the way Base is integrated, one can still use MySQL SQLite, etc.

> Adding "hooks" into Thunderbird (which, to me, seems to be the easiest route)
> or creating an ODF based OOo email client with calendaring and address book,
> would only enhance OpenOffice.org, and not detract from it.

It probably is better to configure Thunderbird/SunBird to read/write
ODF than create a new OOo mail client.   [Especially if the email
hooks are allredy prt of the OOo base code.]

xan

jonathon
--
Does your Office Suite conform to ISO Standards?