Chad Smith wrote:
On 11/20/05, Randomthots <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Charging a postage fee of some sort, whether my fee-bate system or
something else, has the side effect of mandating exactly the
authentication mechanisms you desire while simultaneously making spam
much less profitable.
<snip>>
I don't like this idea, if for no other reason, I don't want to pay for
email. I'm already paying $50 a month for high-speed Internet, there's no
way I'm spending 25 cents an email.

Heh, heh. And the answer to this threat is simple: my ISP wants to charge me $.25/email? Fine, but then they have to take *off* charges for spam. Now, given my, um, 75? 150? spams/day, I'd be sending them the spams to prove that they were spam, and unsolicited nor wanted.... I can*not* see them dealing with that. <g>

        mark
--
"This GOP has the moral certitude of Errol Flynn at a convention of underage bargirls in Bangkok." - seen on truthout.org