On 5/17/06, Nicolas Mailhot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Le mercredi 17 mai 2006 à 12:37 -0400, Chad Smith a écrit : > Will this break down the barriers of the ultra-fantanic fringe "free > software" zealots now? The ultra-fantanic fringe "free software" zealots have toiled for years to make java on linux work in spite of all the hindrances (licensing, etc) Sun imposed on them. (I personally invested several years of my work in this work)
Java *works* on Linux. I can download Java for Linux from Sun's website right now. In fact, there are 4 different versions of Java for Linux. That's not from the "toil" of UFFFSZ - that's from Sun Microsystems. The only reasons UFFFSZ chose to toil, is because if it's not free on their terms, then it cannot be entitled "FREE". If I can download it, copy it, distribute it - it's free. I don't care if Stallman blessed it or not. Now, Sun has finally bent over backwards and put it under a "free enough" licence, and you're still not happy? That's pretty sad, dude. -- - Chad Smith http://www.gimpshop.net/ http://www.whatisopenoffice.org/ http://www.chadwsmith.com/ Got an Intel Mac Mini? Want one? http://minimacs.freepay.com/?r=29227644
