Rob wrote:
Fiona Gibbs wrote:
I use OpenOffice 2.2 at work. Barcode Factory from Wasp allows MS Office users to add barcodes to Office documents; it would be good if OO could do this too. Best would be to turn a value in a spreadsheet cell into a barcode in that cell, or a value in cell A into a barcode of that value in cell B.

A far as I can tell OO cannot do this.

Great suite.

Fi


I don't know too much about barcodes.

There is a 3 of 9 Barcode which I think is commonly used.

This is available as a font so changing the font in a cell will convert it to a barcode.

This will take you to the correct page.

http://www.1001freefonts.com/ffonts7.htm

If you use windows unzip the file and place it in c:\windows\fonts directory.

Let us know if it works for you.


I just tried it in Calc.  It worked, I got a barcode.

A simple "=A1" formula in B1 then using the Format/Cell/font tab select Free 3 of 9 as the font for that cell (B1)

Any number I type into A1 gets converted into a barcode in B1

Adjust Barcode size as you would with any other font.

Things  to remember.

1/ If you email or otherwise send the file to another computer they will not see the barcode unless the Barcode font is installed on their computer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to