Hi
 
My name is Peter Suthers, London UK
I use Open Office at home, I'm a Broadcast Engineer by profession.
A couple of quirks in the way Open Office Spread Sheet works.
 
1. If a cell or group of cells is cut, the formatting is removed from the cell 
left behind, so if the cell is later used it has the default formatting, not 
the formatting that was there before. e.g. I have cells formatted for 8pt Times 
New Roman, after cutting content of a cell, it is now 10pt Arial. This goes for 
all formatting. It would be better if cutting left the cell with the previous 
formatting. 
 
2.
Changing and existing Cell's Number Formatting to Text.
Would be better if the result was that what ever was visible previously was now 
in the cell.
e.g. if I have a date displayed in a cell, changing the format to Text results 
in a number in the cell, whilst for the purposes of calculatulation having a 
date stored as a number is useful, it serves no useful purpose to display this 
number to the user. Also the Undo feature dould not reverse this. Fortuanlty I 
had a saved version.
 
Many thanks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal 
views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on 
it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.
                                        

Reply via email to