Hi Peter,

Thanks for writing,

Peter Suthers wrote:
1. If a cell or group of cells is cut, the formatting is removed from
the cell left behind, so if the cell is later used it has the default
formatting, not the formatting that was there before. e.g. I have
cells formatted for 8pt Times New Roman, after cutting content of a
cell, it is now 10pt Arial. This goes for all formatting. It would be
better if cutting left the cell with the previous formatting.

I would guess that current behaviour is by design. (When I cut whole paragraphs from a text-document, the formatting is also removed.)
What you could do:
- copy (ctrl-c)
- delete contents op copied cells (backspace)
- paste or paste special (where you can paste just values if you want, without formatting).
Furthermore if you use styles it is very easy to apply formatting.

2. Changing and existing Cell's Number Formatting to Text. Would be
better if the result was that what ever was visible previously was
now in the cell. e.g. if I have a date displayed in a cell, changing
the format to Text results in a number in the cell, whilst for the
purposes of calculatulation having a date stored as a number is
useful, it serves no useful purpose to display this number to the
user. Also the Undo feature dould not reverse this. Fortuanlty I had
a saved version.

You mean: a cell has letts say 30-04-07 and you change format to text, and the cell stil shows 30-04-07? What then would be the use of changing format to text?

If you want further *explanation*, pls mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (or openoffice.org.questions on Gmane). There are lot of people, incl. spreadsheet experts, that help.

Regards,
Cor

(I've send a cc to you, because you are not subcribed to the mailing list; Please mail to the list only.
To subscribe, mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] )
--

Cor Nouws
Arnhem - Netherlands
nl.OpenOffice.org - marketing contact

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to