On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 15:05 -0500, Robert Derman wrote:
> André Wyrwa wrote:
> 
> >Hei Lars,
> >
> >thanks for your detailed reply. I think we agree on most stuff, and i'm
> >short on time right now, so i'll just give you the pointers to the
> >software i know of:
> >
> >  
> >
> >>>b) There are already OpenSouce solutions that can do quite a bit of PDF
> >>>editing.
> >>>      
> >>>
> >>Can you point to a few?  I've been curious to find one that will allow 
> >>manipulation of the document's metadata.  I checked the Adobe sites and 
> >>related newsgroups a few years ago and found no useful info regarding that 
> >>or even an API for C or Perl.
> >>    
> >>
> >
> >- http://pdfedit.petricek.net/pdfedit.index_e (linux)
> >- http://www.spaceblue.com/pdfblender/ (windows)
> >- http://www.pdfforge.org/products/pdfcreator (windows)
> >
> >That's all i know of at this point.
> >There's another package that i falsely remembered to be opensource, but
> >it has a freeware version:
> >- http://www.pdf995.com/index.html
> >
> >Plus, as mentioned before, xpdf can do some pdf conversions and i bet
> >the kwrite functionalities are based on that.
> >
> >André.
> >  
> >
> I would like to be able to edit PDF files for at least two reasons, 
> first, I often get manuals in PDF format that I would like to print out, 
> but they have far too many pages. I don't want to use 180 sheets of 
> paper for a manual that has about 40 pages that I actually need.  

Yre you aware of the fact that you can select the pages to be printedin
the print dialog?

> Second, I often download brochures that have Photos of products that I 
> need for my own customer catalogs, so I need to be able to extract them 
> and paste them in my catalogs.

Yes, i know that situation. But extracting images is actually not
editing the PDF...and as said...xpdf can do that.

André.

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part

Reply via email to