On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 15:20 -0500, Robert Derman wrote: > Tinel Drugan wrote: > > > Hello, > > > > Frist of all I would like to congratulate you for your great work and the > > good things you are doing. I am using openoffice at home and I am very > > satisfied whit it. > > > > I'm a system administrator to a company and we are intrested in > > installing > > and using your office distribution as a total replacement from the > > comercial > > ones. > > > > My question : useing it in a comercial invoirement, using it for > > production > > and other thisng is it legal to install your distribution, or we need to > > aquire and pay for a licence. > > > > I'm aspect your replly and your price offer, also , if case, a contact > > reseller for my country - ROMANIA. > > > > Thank you very much and keep up the great work. > > As with all software issued under the GPL or LGPL licence, > OpenOffice.org is fully legal to use for any purpose, personal, > business, educational or government. There is no need to ever pay > anyone for a licence to use it! It is legal to give anyone a copy of > it, and it is even legal to sell it for profit.
Careful, the lesser is only true for the LGPL, this dosn't get quite clear here. (However, since OOo is LGPLed, it is true for OOo.) André.
signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part
