On 8/28/07, Alan Sun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am unable to view documents created in Microsoft Office 2007 (Open XML)
> inside your program or inside Windows Vista. The file format .docx (Open
> XML) that is used are there plans to add this format so I am able to view or
> open these documents with this new format?

This is an earlier reply I gave on this question. I hope it is somewhat useful.

  http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=discuss&msgNo=61109

Out of curiosity, I naively tried to run the commandline version of the
odf-converter (from sourceforge) in dosbox and wine and both failed.

In dosbox, already all names where garbled to the 8.3 convention, so
nothing worked ...

I assume the core error in the WIne error log was:
fixme:mscoree:_CorExeMain Directly running .NET applications not supported.

I also tried the mono version 1.2.2 in Debian etch, and after quite some
fiddling [*], got to this error:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/ODF$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/wine/ mono OdfConverter.exe

... [stack trace omitted]

=================================================================
Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
=================================================================

Aborted

In case you want to try yourself, these are part of the commands that
got mono to this point:

# apt-get install mono
# apt-get install libmono-corlib2.0-cil
debian-new:/usr/lib/wine# ln -s kernel32.dll.so libkernel32.so
debian-new:/usr/lib/wine# ln -s advapi32.dll.so libadvapi32.so
debian-new:/usr/lib/wine# ln -s comctl32.dll.so libcomctl32.so
debian-new:/usr/lib/wine# ln -s gdi32.dll.so libgdi32.so
debian-new:/usr/lib/wine# ln -s kernel32.dll.so libkernel32.so
debian-new:/usr/lib/wine# ln -s user32.dll.so libuser32.so
debian-new:/usr/lib/wine# ls -l lib*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 2007-08-28 23:39 libadvapi32.so -> advapi32.dll.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 2007-08-28 23:39 libcomctl32.so -> comctl32.dll.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 2007-08-28 23:39 libgdi32.so -> gdi32.dll.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 2007-08-28 23:40 libkernel32.so -> kernel32.dll.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 2007-08-28 23:51 libuser32.so -> user32.dll.so

HTH,

Peter

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to