Hi all!
 
First Ill go through the initial presentation requerements for this mailing 
list! :)
 
Who am I: My name is Mathias, and Im from Sweden
 
Background: I am en electronics development engineer and I work as a contractor 
at Ericsson Mobile Platforms, RF-ASIC-department. I am one of the owners of a 
small consultant company, that is adopting a open source approach to its 
computer policy. I also run a small company selling coffemachines on a web 
page, lusso.se, Im running it completely through Ubuntu/OpenOffice these days. 
Im 32 years old, and have a 4 months old daughter with my fiancy. :)
 
My interrest in OpenOffice: I want the world to save its documents in .odf 
format.
 
 
My suggestion for OpenOffice.org is this:
 
Sun has developed a ODF-plug in for MS Office. Ive downloaded it and installed 
it at work, it seems to work very nice. I think it should be easier to access 
it. So that I can send odf-documents to anyone and just give them a simple and 
short link to access the plug in for installment.
 
I think that if you placed a nice link easily accessible on the frontmost 
OO-webpage, it would be much easier for me as an openoffice user to cooperate 
with people and companies not using OO.
 
Also (but this might be a sun-issue) if you google odf you should get a link 
directing you to a installment site making the plugin very easily accessible to 
MS office users!
 
Best regards from Sweden
 
Mathias A
_________________________________________________________________
Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!
http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

Reply via email to