On Mon Oct 11 2010 09:24:56 GMT-0700 (PDT)  Zaphod Feeblejocks wrote:
Come on, Oracle, do the decent thing.

Release all the code, trademarks, everything to OOo back to the
community, currently called LibreOffice.

If you do - lots of people will thank you.  Even the ones who keep going
to OpenOffice.org and don't realise it has changed ownership.

If you don't - the software of OpenOffice.org will stagnate and the brand name
will be ruined.  LibreOffice will implement all the stuff Sun has held back due
to licensing issues and, unless OO.org simply recompiles and re-badges,
LibreOffice will grown and become much stronger.

There's nothing to stop you joining the community and still having your
own flavour of this great package.

It's good karma for all concerned if you do this ;-)

Great post but I doubt that anyone at Oracle reads this list. If they do I rally doubt they care what anyone here has to say. It is sad but a fact we have learned to live with. :(