On 03.05.2011 21:54, tora - Takamichi Akiyama wrote:

The OpenOffice.org Writer and Master Document are able to hold various
embedded objects such as spread sheets, presentation slides, and text
documents themselves and simple files such as photo images and also
Microsoft Office files...

Now I have become to feel that I would like to start development efforts
of somewhat so-called "OpenOffice.org Notebook."

It would save contents into a tree structure consisting of several
hierarchical directories (folders), instead of a single ZIP archive format.

Don't underestimate the performance overhead created by file access etc. Notebook applications usually give instantaneous access - you won't reach that with single ODF documents.

If we restrict ourselves to Writer documents, the closest you can get to that "snappy" appearance is a container like a glossary file.

Regards,
Mathias

OpenOffice.org Engineering at Oracle: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS
Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".