Fernando Cassia wrote:
On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 17:06, Robert Derman
<robert.der...@pressenter.com> wrote:
If you are looking for improvements in the near future (less than a year)
you are probably looking in the wrong place here.  you would stand a much
better chance at the fork of OpenOffice, which is called LibreOffice from
The Document Foundation.

Would the LibreOffice guys be pleased if I infiltrate their mailing
lists and at any questions I start telling the people to migrate to
another office suite instead?.

Just saying...
FC
I don't know if I would call it infiltrating, I have been on this mail list for over 10 years now, and really I am just being realistic. Without any paid corporate developers (the crew in Germany) at the moment, not much is likely to happen very fast. I will admit that I am on the TDF Discuss mail list as well as this one, and I have downloaded and am using LO. Development is proceeding much faster on the LO fork. Perhaps Apache will succeed in doing something with the OOo code, but that won't happen overnight. --