> Let me point out that asking an individual developer
> to give an estimate is probably the least accurate and
> effective method, partitioning or no. Books on estimation
> flame about it.

i think it really depends on "how" the developer is asked and
what the purpose of the estimate is.
i see some advantage that the developer also holds the responsibility
for the estimate because this will encourage more commitment.
there is some evidence of this reportedn in a1992 lederer paper.

best regards,

gerold