Hi Alex,

In RC1 we indeed removed the per-application access log in favor of a shared
access log attached to the Component. This service only logs server-side
accesses to the component (via server connectors) and writes them in an
Apache-like format. The logger name used for this purpose it something like
"org.restlet.Component" by default.

Now, there is another type of logging used for code debugging (info,
warnings, traces, etc.), based on the calls to "getContext.getLogger()". Are
you referring to this type of logging?

For this one, the logger name used by applications is
"org.restlet.Application" by default and can be changed using
Context.setLogger(). As the default will be the same for all applications, I
have just changed it to the canonical class name of the application (i.e.
the qualified Application subclass name). If the application is an anonymous
class, it doesn't have a canonical name and "org.restlet.application" will
be used. Committed to SVN.

Let me know if I have misunderstood your problem. Also, the error in the
tutorial has been fixed in SVN and the update will appear online soon.
Thanks for reporting it!

Best regards,
Jerome