Hi Alex,

That's correct, the Component.getLogService() method creates a default
service if none was already set. I have just updated the Javadocs of the
method with this:

    /**
     * Returns the global log service. On the first call, if no log service
was
     * defined via the [EMAIL PROTECTED] #setLogService(LogService)} method,
then a
default
     * logger service is created. This default service is enabled by default
and
     * has a logger name composed of the canonical name of the current
     * component's class or subclass, appended with the instance hash code
     * between parenthesis (eg. "com.mycompany.MyComponent(1439)").
     *
     * @return The global log service.
     */

Best regards,