Hi Jeff,

This is an interesting question and I'm also curious to see how others
handle this case.

To me, it seems fine if the Web representation of the resource "thread
number 3 of the help forum" contains navigation data and other contextual
help. This is just how you "represent" your resource on a Web page. The same
resource could expose a more focus XML representation for programmatic
clients.

Now, in term of coding, your ThreadResource class should have access to all
the domain objects (POJOs) required to return the Web representation:
Thread, User, Connections, etc.

Best regards,
Jerome