Hi again,

Now that the 1.0 code base seems to be quite stable it is time to move
forward. We have just created a maintenance branch for 1.0 in SVN. From now
on, the SVN trunk will be dedicated to the upcoming version 1.1.

The issues database has also be updated to select the items that we will
address in version 1.1. The goal is to produce a very focused release will
minimal changes at the Restlet API level. As priority number 1, some core
features that couldn't make it into version 1.0.

ID      Pri     Summary
--    ---   -------
64      P1      Support for DIGEST authentication
76      P1      Support WAR packaging
164     P1      Support XML configuration of Component

Then, we have some major enhancements already in the pipe regarding the HTTP
connectors. Basically, we will ship in com.noelios.restlet.jar default HTTP
client and server connectors that will have no external dependency. They
will solely be based on BIO streams and JDK's ThreadPool and will be used if
no other pluggable connector is available in the classpath. For many
applications with simple scalability needs, those connectors will be
sufficient and will allow a minimal JAR footprint. This will also simplify
the initial learning phase for pluggable connectors configuration.

Finally, we will provide an Eclipse distribution with a custom Eclipse
update site, to simplify the life of developers using this IDE. We already
ship the JARs as compliant Eclipse plugins so this is mostly a publishing
issue.

ID      Pri     Summary
--    ---   -------
10      P2      Custom HTTP server connector
16      P2      HTTP server connector based on Sun Glassfish Grizzly
46      P2      Custom HTTP client connector
292     P2      Replace AsyncWeb by MINA-based connector
191     P2      Add an Eclipse distribution

As priority level 3, we will address some popular requests for enhancement
like Atom extension completion, enhanced SSL configuration and JAXB-based
representations. James Todd and I are also working on JXTA/HTTP connectors
that are very promising and will also leverage the enhancements at level 2.

ID      Pri     Summary
--    ---   -------
72      P3      Complete Atom parsing
73      P3      Implement Atom writing
248     P3      Support JXTA
281     P3      Improve SSL support
289     P3      Add a JAXB Representation extension

Now, it's time to speak up if one of your urgent need isn't addressed. An
1.2 release will probably follow right after to address less urgent needs.
http://www.restlet.org/about/roadmap

Best regards,
Jerome