On 5/3/07, Jerome Louvel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
ID      Pri     Summary
--    ---   -------
72      P3      Complete Atom parsing
73      P3      Implement Atom writing

Looking at these issues, I see that you are considering implementing
the atom protocol.  I've done that using restlet in my atomojo project
(see http://code.google.com/p/atomojo ).

I wonder if there is some way to refactor what I have to provide
a generalized atom protocol handler that would work for my
specific atomojo project and any other restlet-based application
that wants to use the atom protocol.

Currently, I support a hierarchical version of atom feeds.  That is
all implemented via the ProtocolByPathFinder class.

Also, the atom protocol doesn't support creation of feeds.  Several app
implementors have adopted the idea that a post of a feed document to
a uri (path) creates a feed.  I have that support as well.

The biggest issue in implementing the atom protocol is the storage
and retrieval of feeds.  I'm using eXist to store the XML and Derby
to store relational metadata about them.  That would have to be
abstracted out in a restlet-provided implementation.

--Alex Milowski