On 8/17/07, Jerome Louvel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> The "serverAddress" property indeed does comparisons based on the
> numerical IP address. There are some convenience static methods on
> VirtualHost:
>  - getLocalHostAddress()
>  - getIpAddress(String domain)
>
> This should get clarified in the Javadocs too.

This seems a bit inconsistent that you can use hostname when adding a server:

   getServers().add(Protocol.HTTPS,"localhost",8080);

but you have to use a numeric ip addresses with setServerAddress on VirtualHost:

   vhost.setServerAddress("127.0.0.1");

InetAddress will do the right thing and handle both domain names and numeric
ip addresses and so this would be easy to implement as either.  Internally,
we could resolve any domain names to a specific numeric ip address and use
that for matching.

--Alex Milowski