I think, before I made any sound observations, I'd want to know more about
your use case and what functional effects are exposed by this particular
POST.

In general, there's nothing illicit about POST returning either a meaningful
representation, or a redirect.  Either of these are the two most common
choices.  I don't think the concept of "forwarding" maps especially well on
to the REST style, since it is all about internally returning the
representation of a resource other than the one addressed by the client.
You can achieve it in Restlet by executing a client operation inside your
POSTable resource (and in Restlet 1.1 you can use the addressable server
router on the Component to do this efficiently), but it looks exactly like
the sleight of hand it is.

- Rob