Hi Paul,

It makes more sense to me to follow the specs strictly, especially from a web services point of view.

The spec says that the "Success" codes are 200,201,202,203,204,205,206,207 (WebDAV - http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2518.txt).

1xx are Informational (Meta) codes and 3xx Redirection codes and are therefore NOT Success codes.

I have not come across a situation where I needed to use my own status code, so I do not know if you are prohibited in doing so.
Though, this does sound like a useful feature.

Jon

Paul J. Lucas wrote:
Also, it seems that isSuccess() is wrong. In reading RFC 2616, 1xx and 3xx codes are not errors, so they should be considered success codes, no?

- Paul