De : Matthias Wauer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : mardi 27 mai 2008 23:17
À : discuss@restlet.tigris.org
Objet : RE: PUT and entity

Jerome Louvel schrieb:
> ... and I can see how to can be extended to FTP and many other ones. Of
course the quality of the mapping depends on the type of
protocol/scheme, for example whether or not it is stateless.

Just to make that clear, FTP is _not_ a stateless protocol. As
Richardson and Ruby have pointed out in their RESTful Web Services book,
it is absolutely stateful. However, the specific use case of retrieving
files using the ftp:// URI scheme can be considered stateless.

I know it's nitpicking, but worth to mention anyway I think. Btw, thanks
for the details on 204, good to know.

Have a good night,
Matthias