Rhett,

Yes, forgot i asked this question before. IMHO i wouldn't encode the 'put MUST have a non-null entity) policy in the framework. If you do then you should provide for a mechanism to override it (allowNullEntity or something). From my reading of the HTTP spec doesn't specify that a PUT *MUST* have an entity although i agree that in most cases that would be the case. In my particular case the URL includes all the information required to create the resource but i have to stick in a non-null entity body to get this to work with the framework

cheers
</jima>