On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:31 AM, antoniojg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello, I imported the sample restlet-gwt project within eclipse 3.4 but I'm
> unable to connect to the restlet resource. When I click on the close button
> It complains of the following  error
>
> "unable to find 'ping.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe
> you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?"

The web.xml inside your project root /tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml
has probably been overwritten (or never configured).  GWT sometimes will
overwrite this due to some combination of timestamps I've never been able to
figure out.  (If someone knows, and can propose a workaround, I'd love to
hear it).  This needs to have the declaration of the GwtShellServletWrapper
in it (see the one in the example zip).

Moreover has someone succeded in configuring the module to run on a real
> tomcat instance?

Which kind of servlet is it necessary to configure in the deoployment
> descriptor? GwtServletWrapper should not work in web mode so ServerServlet
> should be enough? And how to pass the module information?

Yes, just use ServerServlet to power your Restlet server side.  You need not
pass the module information any more, as you'd now be running a JavaScript
compiled version of the client side.  You cannot, to my knowledge, use a
real Tomcat in GWT hosted mode -- I believe there are Google specific
changes in the hosted mode Tomcat bundled with GWT.

We'll add it to the "to do" list to add a walk thru of compilation and
deployment options in some various production environments.

- Rob

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=979683