Brilliant..
The more I use Restlet the more I am liking it indeed.

Now does Restlet has a framework to take care of Gzip encoding results when the
Request headers indicate that the request is from a client that supports this
encoding (all modern browsers do)

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2360997