No, I haven't tried switching HTTP connectors.  I get the same failures for
both HTTP and HTTPS.
In another experiement, I changed the client message frequency to ~1 second
intervals and at this rate on both
Windows XP and Fedora10/Linux show now problems with the server running on
Fedora.

The various frequencies and failure rates:
1 second == no problems
1.5 seconds == ~25% failure rate
5 seconds == ~25% failure rate
10 seconds == ~3% failure rate
180 seconds == >0.5%, if any failures

I'll switch the HTTP connectors out one at a time and see what happens.
--
Timothy Aanerud

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2363663