Hi,

> However, the SSL sessions have nothing to do with the Servlet's session
> (and they're unlikely to be suitable as a replacement for such sessions
> anyway).

I was afraid it's not the same. What I need is an equivalent to:
'javax.servlet.request.ssl_session'

> I'd guess what you get is an enumeration of byte arrays, not Strings. An
> hexadecimal serialisation into string would probably be more
> appropriate. This being said, you won't necessarily get the right ID
> from this enumeration if there's more than one. Passing the SSLContext
> to your resources doesn't sound like good design either (again, it
> depends on what you do).

If I print out the pure ID out of the byte array I get this: [...@e51b2c which
looks like an hex address to me. How can I get to the value then?

Anyway, in many of the cases of request there is no ID available at all. That's
why I also think the SSL session context is not approriate here.

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards
Stefan

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2451951