Hi Bruno,

> Not sure how much experience you have with Java, but it doesn't really
> have the notion of addresses. "[...@e51b2c" is just the default output of
> toString() on an array object:

I had no experience on working with bytes in Java so far. Sorry, I thought you
were refering to the hash code of the byte[] object.

> I'd suggest searching for Java byte array to hex conversion if you want
> an string representing the values in your array in hexadecimal

Thanks for the hint, I've got some proper ID now.

> What I'm still not clear about is what you're trying to do with it here
> (I don't how well you know SSL/TLS). Whether with Restlets or Servlets,
> it doesn't seem right to use that for maintaining some sort of
> application session.

As you may have noticed I'm a newbie in all the fields you just mentioned ;)

The use case I have in mind is like this:
http://forums.java.net/jive/message.jspa?messageID=279268

> As I said, it's not absurd want to expose the SSL session ID as a
> Request parameter (in the same was as client certificates and cipher
> suites are exposed). I could try to provide a patch to do so (if Jerome
> and Thierry are happy with it).

That would be great :)
Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards