Hello Tim,
Thanks for your reply. I have to learn Guice and follow up your code.. I will
try that ASAP. meanwhile I tried the manual way... when I export a standalone
restlet application into a war..and deploy in aws, it works.. but the moment I
try to use the freemaker.. I get the errors. I rechecked the jars...and
imported them in the WEB/lib folder and referenced it in the class path. Now I
get a different error..

java.lang.AbstractMethodError
        at
org.restlet.engine.converter.ConverterUtils.getBestHelper(ConverterUtils.java:137)
        at
org.restlet.service.ConverterService.toRepresentation(ConverterService.java:208)

it is at the converterUtils. do you think it is still the jars.or I am missing
something on my web.xml..?

thanks
domnic

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2917602