You could try instrumenting getBestHelper so that it dumps the concrete
type of the ConverterHelper, ch, just before it tries to call the score
method.

It certainly sounds as though the Restlet Engine is not finding the
Freemarker extension in the classpath, but I don't know why that might be
happening.

--tim

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2917605