Guess I am a bit confused in how Application application = new Application
and InboundRoot and Restlet all relate. Should I have nested the Restlet
inside the Application like this:?

Application application = new Application(this.getContext()){

@Override
 public Restlet createInboundRoot(){

                Router router = new Router(this.getContext());

                Restlet mainpage = new Restlet(){
                        @Override
                        public void handle(Request request, Response
response){
                                StringBuilder stringBuilder = new
StringBuilder();
                                stringBuilder.append("<html>");
                                stringBuilder.append("<head><title>Default
Page of my TEST
application</title></head>");
                                stringBuilder.append("
Click on link
");
                                //stringBuilder.append(" ");
                                stringBuilder.append(" <\"/file\">

                                response.setEntity(new StringRepresentation(
stringBuilder.toString(),
MediaType.TEXT_HTML));
                        }
                };

                router.attach("", mainpage);
                return router;
        }
component.getDefaultHost().attach(application);
                component.start();

        }

Or am I missing some major / subtle point here ?

Thanks for the help in advance