After some hit and trials by using the following code I am able to retrieve
cookies at server side. The documentation of Restlet says ClientResource
internally calls Client. Is there a way the same can be achieved using
ClientResource by setting some options ?. I want to use ClientResource as
most of the code I plan to introduce a change to, uses ClientResource, also
all example source code uses ClientResource.

                Client c = new Client(Protocol.HTTP);
        Request request = new Request(Method.GET,

"http://localhost:8080/ActivitiSampleProjectNonSpring/service/hello";);
        request.getCookies().add("USER", "TESTCOOKIE");

        Response response = c.handle(request);
        Representation rep =  response.getEntity();
        System.out.println(rep.getText());
        }