From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of neville bent
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 10:55 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: Re: [ACFUG Discuss] Frameworks

Hi MCG,

I don't often like to comment on this sort of thing but...

My comments are only about "easy to learn" aspects of frameworks within my
experience.

My CF experience: Nearly 6 years now

Fusebox 3 - simple
Fusebox 4 + MVC - Love it
Mach-ii - I still don't get it after a whole year...

The Mach-ii list I found to be very unhelpful, in fact downright rude...
I'm so tired of reading documentation that was written in Martian... and
comments in the same aforementioned language.

Whereas the FB 3 & 4 lists were and are a real community effort if not
fragmented

Mach-ii is not easy to learn. We are a team of 6 developers, 2 of whom grasp
it quite well, one knows what to do with uncertainty, and the other 3
(including me), have to ask all the time.

And I concur with other comments. Architecture decisions are very important.

I've seen some nasty FB 4 (& 3) code written around less than well thought
out architecture.

my .02 cents