hmm.. I'm not sure on that one... in my experience with verity I didn't choose that direction.  I just stored the files outside of the web docroot and indexed them normally. I have an aversion to storing files in the db...  I would think it would slow verity down a bit pulling all that data from the db. If Verity can't index files that are stored in the db you may have to end up writing a query to dump all the data to the file system and then run your indexer (now that would be painstaking).

The livedocs don't really reveal an answer to you question.

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldfusion/7/htmldocs/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=ColdFusion_Documentation&file=00001303.htm

We are looking at potentially storing files in the database.  I'm not a big fan of that, but it's a possibility.  Can Verity index files if they are in the database?

Thanks,

mcg
List hosted by FusionLink

Steven Ross