Just looking at all the options.  One issue with the current system is a record goes in the database for a file, but is stored as a file on the web server.  Unfortunately, we are running a cluster of 2 servers and a file gets uploaded to ONE of the two servers.  (They are working on some sync software and currently I don't have the time to write a 'fix')  No, there's not a third server out there that I can put files on.  I am just looking at options (and reasons not to put files in the database, which I don't like doing either).

We are running Oracle.  Anyone integrated with Northern Lights search software?  That might also be a possibility, but I've never used it before.

Thanks,

mcg

John Mason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

08/11/2006 01:32 PM

Please respond to
discussion@acfug.org

discussion@acfug.org
cc
Subject
RE: [ACFUG Discuss] Verity and Blobs

There are two main uses of verity.
1)       Searching files in a directory structure (cfm, pdf, doc, etc)
2)       Searching specific text in database sources (like in sourcing items in text or ntext fields)

Verity is simply a smaller index database pointing to where the searches are pointing to.

Why are they wanted to put the documents into the database? Are they running Sql Server or Oracle to do this?

John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]