From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mischa
Uppelschoten ext 10
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 11:29 AM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: re[2]: [ACFUG Discuss] Embedded CF in Javascript

Check this thread:
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/thread.cfm/threadid:10974

Highly likely because you have a field with the name "Category" and the
query itself is called "category".
/m

Here are the parts of my code that the error is referring to.  Be
mindful that this functionality and code works nicely as intended on all
three CFMX machines but not on the lone CF5 machine.

The code is simply for dependent select drop-downs.  The first drop down
displays the major categories form the database and the 2nd and 3rd drop
down equally displays the sub categories of the category selected in the
first drop down.

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>
<cfquery name="Category" datasource="EPLCommunity">
           SELECT ID, Category
           FROM Business_Cats
           WHERE SubCatOf = 0
           ORDER BY Category
</cfquery>
<head>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

<!-- Begin
biz_cat = new Array(
<cfloop query="Category" startrow="1" endrow="#Category.RecordCount#">
<cfquery name="SubCategory" datasource="EPLCommunity">
           SELECT ID, Category
           FROM Business_Cats
           WHERE SubCatOf = #ID#
           ORDER BY Category
</cfquery>
new Array(

<CFLOOP query="SubCategory" startrow="1"
endrow="#SubCategory.RecordCount#">
<CFOUTPUT>
new Array("#SubCategory.Category#", #SubCategory.ID#)<CFIF
SubCategory.CurrentRow LT SubCategory.RecordCount>,</CFIF>
</CFOUTPUT>
</CFLOOP>
)<CFIF Category.CurrentRow LT Category.RecordCount>,</CFIF>
</CFLOOP>
);

function fillSelectFromArray(selectCtrl, itemArray, goodPrompt,
badPrompt, defaultItem) {
var i, j;
var prompt;
// empty existing items
for (i = selectCtrl.options.length; i >= 0; i--) {
selectCtrl.options[i] = null;
}
prompt = (itemArray != null) ? goodPrompt : badPrompt;
if (prompt == null) {
j = 0;
}
else {
selectCtrl.options[0] = new Option(prompt);
j = 1;
}
if (itemArray != null) {
// add new items
for (i = 0; i < itemArray.length; i++) {
selectCtrl.options[j] = new Option(itemArray[i][0]);
if (itemArray[i][1] != null) {
selectCtrl.options[j].value = itemArray[i][1];
}
j++;
}
// select first item (prompt) for sub list
selectCtrl.options[0].selected = true;
  }
}
//  End -->