MC
Tell them they can contract with me. I've successfully connected my refrigirator, microwave and coffee pot to my CF server. Jeremy once connected a toaster to his PC. I'm sure between the two of us we could take care of things for them. :)

Seriously, what is the justification for trying to do what they are asking? I think they are trying to squeeze way too much onto one installation. Heaven forbid that one box die with everything including the security system and payroll app on it. :)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The server side of things is definitely not my forte. The powers that be here are trying to do a few nutty things. One, they want to run multiple instances of CF off of one instance of JRun (same cluster setup from earlier). Two, they want to combine the CF and Java app hosting into one server (cluster). Now the Java apps seem to do a good bit of processing on their own servers right now, and not like the we've just got a couple of itsy-bitsy CF apps either. Are there resources out there (other than the docs) that talk about optimum setups and what can and can't be good bed fellows (anyone have a CF architecture dissertation handy)?

Thanks,

Mary-Catherine