From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeff Howard
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:52 AM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: [ACFUG Discuss] looking for opinions on duplicate form
submissions

I'm working on an application where a form is submitted along with
various attachments (doc, pdf, xls, etc).  Apparently users are
submitting the same request several times and I've been asked to address
this issue.  At first thought, it seemed quick and simple to me, but as
I've started working on it I can't decide exactly how to handle the
attachments in associated with the form in the most efficient way.

That brings me here.  I was looking for suggestions on how to handle the
attachments while I run validation on the db to see if the input from
the form already exists in the db.  It seems like something that would
be perfect for AJAX to handle, but my AJAX skills are virtually
nonexistent.  So, without using AJAX (or if you can break it down using
AJAX for a novice) how would you handle the situation?

The main issue I'm having, is that if I do the validation after the form
submission, CF is assigning a temp directory to my attachment file.  So
what is submitted as this: "C:\Documents and Settings\JHoward\Desktop\PO
Request mods.doc"  ends up as this after submission and validation:
"C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\servers\coldfusion\SERVER-INF\temp\wwwroot-tmp\n
eotmp13963.tmp "  and then when I pass it to the CFFILE, it tells me the
file doesn't exist.

I'm really just looking at the different ways other people would handle
this situation to try and decide so any input would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff