Well, I don't know. I think it's just that it was written in Delphi, and
perhaps Adobe doesn't have enough (or want to bother with) Delphi skills to
keep it going. It was brought forward from Allaire, and when Macromedia
already had DW it kind of spelled the beginning of the end. The first step
was the removal of ColdFusion Studio as a product (which was just a
repackaged version of HomeSite), when Dreamweaver and other tools got rolled
into the "MX" line. Of course, CF Studio really did live on, though many
didn't realize it, in the guise of HomeSite+, which you couldn't buy but was
on the DW CD (until CS3, I believe). Most CFers were pointed instead to DW,
and then CFEclipse came along. I would often point people to HS+, at which
they were amazed to learn it was still there, but most didn't know about it.

HomeSite  (without the +) did live on and could be purchased. And its
audience was probably hardly any CFers, given the options above. So I don't
know if Bolt/CFBuilder was any influence. I really think it's just part of
the economic times, and the Delphi issue, etc. But these are just guesses
and insights from my experience.

/charlie