I was originally going to start with ColdBox to learn a ColdFusion
framework. But, I quickly got lost in the complexity. To really use ColdBox,
you end up needing to know Coldspring and Transfer. But, since each of those
has a learning curve, it really makes things hard.

So, I switched to CFWheels (http://cfwheels.org/ ). Wheels is a ColdFusion
framework based on Ruby on Rails.

Just like Rails, the CFWheels framework use an active record approach, so
there's no need for Transfer or Reactor. And, the object dependencies are
also managed by the framework, so you don't need Coldspring.

There's still a lot to learn because you have to learn to think the way the
framework expects. And, you have to learn the conventions for how things
should be named, etc.

I found a great book that helped me adjust my thinking - Head First Rails.
But, it's Ruby/Rails, of course. I've found that the ideas translate fairly
easily to CFWheels, and I've started converting the apps in the book to
CFWheels. To help me learn it more deeply, I decided to blog about the
process, so if you want, take a look at:

http://www.resultantsys.com/index.php/coldfusion/cfwheels-scaffolding-basics
/

Thanks again for all the ideas and support I got from you guys. I'll keep
you posted on my progress!

   Clarke