Hey Clarke, I caught your comment here, that

> I was originally going to start with ColdBox to learn a ColdFusion
framework. But, I quickly got lost in the complexity. To really use ColdBox,
you

> end up needing to know Coldspring and Transfer. But, since each of those
has a learning curve, it really makes things hard.

I thought that odd. I'd not heard it to be the case, so I ran it by Luis
(Majano, who created and leads the framework effort). He said, "Coldbox
doesn't require any frameworks." He really wondered how you may have come to
that conclusion, and how far you had explored things before concluding it.
Was it maybe some samples they showed that led you to conclude that?  He
said, "The simple mvc apps are all conventions and the guides are also
straightforward."

To be clear, I'm not knocking CFWheels at all, nor your choice should you
choose to stay with it.  But should you want to explore things further, he
noted that the google group or forums would be a welcome place to discuss it
so everyone there could chime in:

http://groups.google.com/group/coldbox

http://ortus.svnrepository.com/coldbox

But I appreciate that you may not care to bother logging in and sharing the
thoughts if you've simply moved on. If you have any thought you might like
me to pass back to him, I certainly could.

Hope that's helpful.

BTW, great to see you starting to blog. Thanks for doing that. I was a
little confused when the first item in your "recent posts" list was "what is
a  web application server", and it talked about "cold fusion". Then I
noticed it was from 2003, and that your archives lists had nothing since
then, too. Man,  quite a gap. Welcome back from the blogging deadzone. :-)

/charlie