Ah! Thanks Charlie! I didn't realize that was a CF8+ feature.

You really should be able to do it at a higher level than CF but I know one
site I was SEOing the hosting company charged an extra $12/month or
something dumb like that for a 301 redirect.  Internet Highway Robbery
IMHO.  Using CF was good "insert gesture here" to that ridiculousness; and
indeed it was on CF8.