There are download and install options for MySQL on a MAC:
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.1.html

I'm not a MAC user so I'm not much help beyond that.  Best of luck and Happy
Programming!  :-)

From: ad...@acfug.org [mailto:ad...@acfug.org] On Behalf Of Constance Scott-Ives
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 3:05 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: [ACFUG Discuss] CF9 on Mac

Hi, I'm new to the list, so please bare with me.

I have a Mac and would like to develop using CF9.  How to I do this when I also
need to work with a database? I've only worked with Oracle and MSSQL, which I
haven't seen a Mac version for either.  How do you develop locally?  Do you use
another database?  Please keep in mind I'm a Mac convert for a few months.

Thanks for the help or advice.
Constance