Charlie,

Thanks for your advice.

I turned on the heap monitor and it has not crashed since then. Heap size is
139M of total: 248M max: 495M mark:<none> . On doing garbage collection it
drops to 64M of 248M
If CF builder freezes again due to excess memory usage, I will increase the
heap size.

But, under Window->preferences->general->Startup and shutdown I see all plugins
in that window are activated at start-up

Coldfusion SQL Plugin
Appcode generation plug-in
Aptana scripting
Automatic updates scheduler

Could the fact that so many plug-ins are activated be causing CF builder to
freeze? Also, I use Flash Builder 4.5(but that does not freeze often) lot of
times along with CF builder. I understand some people have commented that
Eclipse based IDEs are resource hungry even though my system was 8GB RAM

I appreciate your prompt response and time.