On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Laurence MacNeill
<laurence5...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I could really use some major advice here. We're so close to the finishing
> point on this project, and we're being held back by stupid printing
> problems...
>
> We *HAVE* to be able to print with no pop-up dialog boxes.  None.  Period.

Not gonna happen with Flash alone.

> Should I dump Flash Player and
> switch to AIR? That would that give me better control over the printing,
> yes? But, can AIR actually do all that I'm asking for here?

Nope.  AIR won't do it either, AFAIK.  I have banged my head against
the wall on this issue for a few years.  If you find anything I would
be THRILLED to know.

The closest I have come is an AutoHotKey (http://www.autohotkey.com/)
script that autoconfirmes the "ok" button on the printer dialog.
Works intermittantly, but occasionally users can interact with the
screen in a way that makes it stop working.  This also requires the
AHK app to be running on every computer that need to do this
AutoPrint.

You COULD initiate a printjob directly from ColdFusion via the CFPrint
tag, but it requires the server to know about the printer.  This means
it's really no good if it's a client's printer.  PHP will be the same.
 You can save yourself that wild goose chase.

Again, if you find something let me know, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to
hear about it.

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress