SUPPORTED DEVICES
     Device polling requires explicit modifications to the device drivers.  As
     of this writing, the bge(4), dc(4), em(4), fwe(4), fwip(4), fxp(4),
     ixgb(4), nge(4), re(4), rl(4), sf(4), sis(4), ste(4), vge(4), vr(4), and
     xl(4) devices are supported, with others in the works.  The modifications
     are rather straightforward, consisting in the extraction of the inner
     part of the interrupt service routine and writing a callback function,
     *_poll(), which is invoked to probe the device for events and process
     them.  (See the conditionally compiled sections of the devices mentioned
     above for more details.)

     As in the worst case the devices are only polled on clock interrupts, in
     order to reduce the latency in processing packets, it is not advisable to
     decrease the frequency of the clock below 1000 Hz.