On 11/13/06, Stefan Tunsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The problem is that push route options need to be established on both sides
of the tunnel.
If I establish them only on one side, routing does not happen.

Can you please confirm me that there is no way to route traffic from a local
network through the OpenVPN client on pfSense and back if push options
aren't established on both sides?

Let me preface by saying I don't know much of anything about OpenVPN
but after speaking with the author of the OpenVPN GUI code, here is
his reply:

"Can you please confirm me that there is no way to route traffic from a
local network through the OpenVPN client on pfSense and back if push
options aren't established on both sides?"

To route traffic from a local network through the OpenVPN client, you
can use a simple route in "custom commands", for example. To push a
route through the OpenVPN server, well, just push it, it should work as
long as your client accepts pushes.

Scott