> As things stand, devices on separate ports are capable of communicating with
each other, but the traffic is unseen on fxp0.
Well, this is the normal behaviour of a switch...

Agreed - I was just more hoping it was implemented as a bridge instead
of as a simple port on the switch.  The last OS on the system had
port-level control over the switch, so there's got to be some control
channel, be it out-of-band over the link, a PCI ioctl, or something.
Guess I'll install Linux on it (my comfort zone) and poke around.
Still open for suggestions, though.

RB