Hi Adrian

Thank you so much for your response.

I think those numbers do have something to do with it, as when I enable OPT1 I
loose the webserver's access and have to reset to a
default and start over....  (I hate that!)

I have since tried configuring as:
LAN1: 10.aaa.bbb.ccc/8
LAN2: 10.(aaa+1).bbb.ccc/9

I presume I have still got it wrong.

I want to keep LAN1's IP numbers as it is, as there a number of Static DHCP
assignments all set, for LAN2 I don't really care what
this is, and I can't imagine needing more than 20 addresses on LAN2, which may
be relevant.  Can you suggest further?  (Of course
they can be changed if necessary....)

Also I assume I will need to do some LAN2 rules to 1) give access to the
Internet
and LAN1 rules to gain access to LAN2 however the devil may be lying in the
detail to do that...

Still as you say we need to get LAN2 working for a start.

Kind regards
David